When it comes to financing your massage therapist schooling, it pays to be prompt. Get the financial aid ball rolling early, to prevent headaches later on. In today’s post, we’re reviewing several funding avenues for attending accredited massage schools such as East West College. Read on to learn how to apply for financial aid.
Financial Aid Process for East West College of the Healing Arts
- Complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The first step when seeking financial aid is to fill out a FAFSA. Before filling out a FAFSA, you will need to apply for your student aid PIN at https://www.PIN.ed.gov. Once you have your PIN, you’ll need to gather additional documents (such as your driver’s license and social security card) before filling out the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Your FAFSA form will be used to determine how much financial aid you qualify for, based on factors such as income. When completing the FAFSA, list school code 030745 for East West College. Note: It’s helpful to file taxes for the previous year before filling out your FAFSA.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR). After you’ve submitted your FAFSA, a Student Aid Report will be sent to the email address you provided during the FAFSA application process. Carefully check the SAR for any missing data or corrections. The SAR email will include directions on how to make corrections and additions.
- Provide Additional Documentation, as needed by the East West College financial aid office. The more quickly promptly students provide any requested documents, the faster that their financial aid may be processed.
- Complete the Admissions Process. The East West College admissions process includes filling out an application, paying the $25 application fee, meeting with admissions, and taking a simple entrance test.
- Accept Award Offer. Once you’ve completed the admissions process, a Student Financial Aid Counselor from East West College will arrange a one-on-one meeting to discuss your individualized financial aid award.
- Complete Undergraduate Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN). The final step in the financial aid process is to fill out your MPN at www.studentloans.gov. The MPN is your formal loan agreement.
The above constitutes the procedure every East West College student will go through to obtain financial aid. Outside of student loans, there are national scholarships and GI benefits available for funding your massage therapy education.
National Scholarships through Industry Groups.
Professional associations, such as the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA), may offer scholarships for massage therapy school. Colorado student Julie Franklin recently won the inaugural Bob King AMTA Massage Therapy Student Scholarship for $5,000, as an example. Massage Magazine typically provides a student scholarship giveaway contest. Through diligent research and follow-through, East West College massage students may be able to obtain scholarship awards.
GI Bill® Benefits for U.S. Veterans
East West College’s 800-hour program qualifies as a non-college degree program under the Oregon State Approving Agency for GI Bill® benefits. Veterans may learn more information and apply for benefits online at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/. After a veteran has submitted his or her application, the Department of Veterans Affairs determines eligibility and benefit amounts.
We are always happy to answer any questions you may have about massage school funding. For more information, please contact James Hernandez, East West College Financial Aid Representative, at email@example.com.